Wood Machinist/Bench Joiner – Wrexham
We are looking for an experienced Wood Machinist/Joiner to become a valued member of a successful local business
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, there may be occasions where weekend work is required. Usual working hours are 8am-5pm with one hour for lunch.
Ideally you will have an NVQ or City & Guilds qualification and/or demonstrable experience. Knowledge in finishing furniture (including staining/spraying) would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be confident around machines and understand different types of wood.
- Use both hand tools and workshop machinery.
- Select the right wood for each job and prepare timber to the required specification following technical drawings.
- Manufacture and assemble a variety of joinery products.
- Conduct quality checks on own work.
- There may be occasional work on site surveying, installing, or repairing.
- Support apprentices learning.
- Workshop housekeeping.
- Able to work well both on your own and with others.
- Positive and confident with the ability to stay calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 1 year experience preferred.
If you feel you may be able to make a success of this role, then please do not hesitate in your application by completing the below form and attaching your CV.
You can also speak with a member of our team on 01938 501445 for more information on the role.